"Patients Know Best" Website

My hospital appointments have started to come through this website.  It is supposed to give patients control over their appointments.  I tried to change one, but it just cancelled it plus another on the same day.  My hospital have acknowledged there are are major problems with the system and have told me if I get appointments through it not to try and change them online, but contact the hospital.
Anyone else had experience of the website?

Comments

• Url? .....
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 December 2020 at 8:22PM
    Haarlem said:
    My hospital appointments have started to come through this website.  It is supposed to give patients control over their appointments.  I tried to change one, but it just cancelled it plus another on the same day.  My hospital have acknowledged there are are major problems with the system and have told me if I get appointments through it not to try and change them online, but contact the hospital.
    Anyone else had experience of the website?
    Yes, I used to be a member of Patients Know Best. I decided to unsubscribe from the service. I can give you an example about receiving emails to tell me about hospital appointments. When I opened one email, it was telling me that I had an appointment later that day (that I didn't know about) but that it was also cancelled!!! I had to ring the hospital to enquire about the appointment - was I expected to attend or was it cancelled?

Patients Know Best told me:

We are the software providers for the patient portal system and we do not have access to your record or any of the information held within it. Therefore we are not able to access your appointments.

Any appointments added into your record are done by the hospital themselves.  

Anyway, I have unsubscribed from Patients Know Best and from now on I'll receive a letter in the post for hospital appointments. 

Regards

Nile

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Why not ask the hospital why they aren't using the NHS e-referral service. Most hospitals within NHS England use that to manage their appointment system. \it gas the advantage of allowing you to choose between hospitals, proving the referring clinician has followed the rules.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback