Changing Conveyancer mid purchase

Hi all,
A very long story short, our current property solicitor has been working with us for nearly 18 months and in that time it looks like we will have failed to Exchange on 2 properties.

There are a few issues but the main one is: “5.  This is my main concern, there is a mortgage registered over the land and restrictions that need to be complied with in order for us to register you as the legal owners, and to register your mortgage. It is standard practice that a solicitor would give undertakings to provide the necessary documentation in order for this to be achieved, and to refuse to do so, is a concern. An undertaking is a promise that something will be done, and I will absolutely require these undertakings in order to commit you to exchange”

The developers solicitors insists it is all available on the land registry portal but our solicitor isn’t satisfied with that. So we are at a stalemate.

What I don’t understand is 2 other people have completed on the same development so surely their solicitors must have found this satisfactory.

So is the decision now whether we change representation or not? 

Any advice would be so welcomed now. It’s been a horrible 18 months. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback