Replies

• coyrlscoyrls Forumite
    2K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    garmeg said:
    coyrls said:
    jaybeetoo said:
    Before people knock ii, they were one of the few platforms that didn’t crash earlier this month when the COVID-19 vaccine results were announced, unlike Hargreaves Lansdown, AJ Bell and Fidelity.
    Not an active share trading platform though.
    Not sure what you mean by an active share trading platform but you can certainly buy and sell shares on ii.  They even offer live pricing if you want it: https://www.ii.co.uk/live-pricing
    They are referring to Vanguard.
    The reply was to a comment about ii, not Vanguard:
    Before people knock ii, they were one of the few platforms that didn’t crash earlier this month when the COVID-19 vaccine results were announced, unlike Hargreaves Lansdown, AJ Bell and Fidelity.
  • edited 1 December 2020 at 12:27PM
    garmeggarmeg Forumite
    771 Posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 1 December 2020 at 12:27PM
    coyrls said:
    garmeg said:
    coyrls said:
    jaybeetoo said:
    Not sure what you mean by an active share trading platform but you can certainly buy and sell shares on ii.  They even offer live pricing if you want it: https://www.ii.co.uk/live-pricing
    Some confusion here as @Thrugelmir referred to 70 products which I thought was Vanguard.

I am sure ii have a lot more than that?
  • EdSwippetEdSwippet Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    garmeg said:
    coyrls said:
    garmeg said:
    coyrls said:
    jaybeetoo said:
    Some confusion here as @Thrugelmir referred to 70 products which I thought was Vanguard.

If you post on average nearly 14 times a day for 15 years straight, accuracy is bound to slip at times. :-)

• jsincjsinc Forumite
    287 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    On the in specie transfer issue discussed above, they now offer it: https://vanguardinvestor.co.uk/need-help/answer/does-vanguard-offer-in-specie-transfers
    I just called them up to check. Apparently introduced 16th Nov and e.g. for those just wishing to transfer Vanguard funds from YouInvest after 1st Jan apply via "learn about transfers" to avoid setting up account via the lump sum or regular direct debit options.
  • AlbermarleAlbermarle Forumite
    9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdSwippet said:
    garmeg said:
    coyrls said:
    garmeg said:
    coyrls said:
    jaybeetoo said:

If you post on average nearly 14 times a day for 15 years straight, accuracy is bound to slip at times. :-)

Also this isn't the only forum he posts on !
  • westvwestv Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are other forums to immerse ourselves in pension !!!!!!?!
  • ratechaserratechaser Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    westv said:
    This one is good enough for me, I'm just vicariously living my life through those of you here that have actually retired early. You are my heroes, really...  B)
  • trickydicky14trickydicky14 Forumite
    450 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    It's like walking in the shadow of Gods!
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • AlbermarleAlbermarle Forumite
    9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    westv said:
    Not sure about specific pensions forums but there are other investment ones , if you want to indulge :)