Unwanted E-Voucher

Hi all, haven't posted in years so apologies if I'm not following rules/guidelines in advance, I've checked and it seems okay but you never know. 
Basically - I needed to buy something from John Lewis for £165, and used a workplace benefits scheme to buy £165 of vouchers for about £156. However, by the time I got to JL to buy the item it had gone out of stock. 
Other than feeling like a prize tatty, I want rid of the voucher as I've got no reason to want to spend £165 at John Lewis in the future unless this item happens to come back in stock at the cheaper price. 
Anybody recommend how to get rid? It seems Zeek is no more, and I'm not sure I trust Ebay (it feels ripe for buyers ripping off sellers nowadays in general, especially for something like this). I notice there's something called Card Yard - anybody used this before? Is it safe/good?

Replies

• Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use them at Waitrose, perhaps?  Perhaps not exactly what you want, but safer.
  • ClowanceClowance Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I agree to waitrose idea, got ripped off by someone when I sold a gift card on ebay and the buyer got it and reclaimed his money via paypal. He had done it before loads of times I believe but nothing was done to help me get money back. Use in waitrose.

• MarconMarcon Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold on to them until the January clearance and see if anything takes your fancy, or spend on some posh nosh from Waitrose.
    Otherwise, assuming they look like standard John Lewis vouchers, give some as Christmas presents, perhaps? Or donate some to a favourite charity to use as a raffle prize?