Up to 30% off English Cheesecake Company

edited 9 December 2020 at 6:15PM in Gone off!
5 replies 291 views
geoffgeoffgeoffgeoff Forumite
220 Posts
Part of the Furniture
edited 9 December 2020 at 6:15PM in Gone off!
Up to 30% off English Cheesecake Company
https://englishcheesecake.com/

Replies

• PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I know things like these are all down to quality but there is no way I’m paying 36 quid for a cheesecake.
  • MysteryMeMysteryMe Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    For a special occasion I don't think £2-£3 a portion is excessive as long as the quality is there and I'd expect them to be better than I can buy from a supermarket. 
  • Rosa_DamascenaRosa_Damascena Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    PLRFD said:
    I know things like these are all down to quality but there is no way I’m paying 36 quid for a cheesecake.
    I'm with you! There must still be people out there that can and will, though - otherwise such businesses would not exist. 
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • MysteryMe said:
    For a special occasion I don't think £2-£3 a portion is excessive as long as the quality is there and I'd expect them to be better than I can buy from a supermarket. 
    True, "cost per portion" sounds better! My "excuse", when I need to justify the guilt of some foodie extravagance, is that it would cost a lot more if we were eating it in a restaurant, so it's actually a bargain! 

Waitrose sells some English Cheesecake Company products - 2 slices for £3.30. They're in the chiller cabinet. The whole cheesecakes on the ECC website seem to be delivered frozen, but presumably they're otherwise pretty similar.

• MysteryMeMysteryMe Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Don't ever feel guilty. This forum is not just about buying the cheapest food, getting a deal on a more expensive item is still money saving.