We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Our journey to peace

Options
Hi all :) what a ride this year has been! I was not expecting to be here, but here we are. 

A bit of background info. We had accepted an offer on our house, and we had had an offer accepted on a house. We paid for searches valuations etc, and then the owner kindly told us the house had had subsidence last year. We decided to pull out as that is not something we want hanging over us, or deal with when coming to sell. 

We have given ourselves until the end of the week to find somewhere else, if not, the plan is over the next 4 years to pay off as much as possible of the mortgage and reevaluate at that stage, hopefully putting ourselves in a better situation and when the economy is doing better. I’m just gutted we will miss out on the stamp duty break :(

Mortgage is currently 189858. I have a shares plan through my employer which I am hoping will do well in 3 years time and pay off a big chunk of the highest fixed rate sub account. We will also be aiming to do the 10% overpayment too. 

We are very lucky to both still have our jobs and I am hoping to hear back today from an internal role I interviewed for last week, 🤞 

hope you are all weathering the storm well x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure