Question on Trust Deed (Scotland)

Options
Hi

I was discharged from my Trust Deed in April.

Everything has been fine except with one creditor, my Housing Association.

My housing officer wants proof of discharge and also how much was owed, this is perfectly fine.
However, he is a also asking me and my Trustee fir a list of my other creditors and how much is owed. 
Is he allowed to do this? Surely it should be nothing to do with him? As far as I'm concerned he only needs to know how much is owed to them?

Comments

• Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In England and Wales a creditor is entitled to know who other creditors are and what they are owed. It may not be the same in Scotland, but no doubt is. Now you’re discharged I can’t see any reason why he would need or want that information. Have you asked him? 
  • kazzyd_2
    Options
    Minkym00 said:
    In England and Wales a creditor is entitled to know who other creditors are and what they are owed. It may not be the same in Scotland, but no doubt is. Now you’re discharged I can’t see any reason why he would need or want that information. Have you asked him? 
    Yeah, he says he needs it to take the arrears off my account. He's just hassled me for the last couple of years. They've sent him the information but he's saying it's not enough, not quite sure what he's actually after. Think he's just being difficult.

Thanks for the reply 🙂
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure