Wonga Help

I have recent discovered about the affordability claims and getting the pay day loans stricken from my credit file. Wonga has ceased trading and therefore i have missed the deadline to put a claim with with them. Currently on my credit file i have 31 wonga loans.

I am not after any money from them, all i want is my credit file adjusted and there loans removed from them. I know now if i had of known about the affordability claims earlier, they would have been successful and thus removing them from the credit report. Is there anyway possible to get this done, even if i have to pay. It is causing concern for when i buy i house next summer.

Is there anything that can be done/any company that can adjust and remove items from credit file?

Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Your only chance would be to make a complaint via the administrators.  However, you would need a strong reason for the loans to be removed from your files.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 November 2020 at 2:38PM
    From the Wonga online claims portal -
    "The deadline to submit a claim ended on 30 September 2019 and the Online claims portal is now closed. The Joint Administrators are unable to accept any new claims".
    You are over a year too late unfortunatly, can i ask you, how old are these loans ?
    They will automatically drop off your file 6 years after default regardless of what you do.
    Don`t go looking for firms to do this for you, as it is not possible, so anyone claiming they can will be a con artist, and you will lose any money you pay them.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I echo previous advice.
    If the loans are 4 or 5 years old then come next year they may have less relevance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback