Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Is the Coop Repeat Prescription Service any good.

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Is the Coop Repeat Prescription Service any good.

7 replies 58 views
I can only contact my current pharmacy by phone and they are frequently engaged. Hence as I quite like the ethics of the Coop, and I recently saw on advert for their service, I was thinking of using them, particularly as I can place an order over the internet or use their app.  I wondered if anyone uses the Coop and how long delivery takes?

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the echo app , similar idea .

Royal mail 48 hours delivery , no issues.

Spend some time to calculate when your meds run out the first time you use the app , it then reminds you about 10 days before you run out 
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • wastywasty Forumite
    37 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Browntoa said:
    I use the echo app , similar idea .

Royal mail 48 hours delivery , no issues.

Thanks, are you able to order non prescription drugs too and if so is there a delivery charge?  I seem to remember with Boots, your order has to be above £30 and I can’t remember the charge if any.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Echo supply prescriptions only. 
  • MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have Echo but then I needed an urgent antibiotic prescription that was not part of my normal delivery. Chaos ensued. Because of corona and me being in the vulnerable category I had to ask my GP to send it to the pharmacy attached to the surgery and then ask a neighbour to collect it for me. Echo couldn't get it to me quickly enough. Now I just have that pharmacy's delivery service for all my meds and it suits me better. 

Also Echo used to send my meds in part deliveries which I didn't like. Perhaps it's just me but I prefer them all at the same time. 
  • MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be free but I don't think you can add extra meds that aren't on prescription.
    More info here :  https://www.coop.co.uk/health

Once you've set it all up, you can arrange deliveries to suit.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • pattycakepattycake Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Superdrug app.  Repeat meds ordered online are normally ready within 2 days.  When I needed an extra one off medication a couple of months ago, the surgery sent the script direct to Superdrug.  I do collect myself in store though as I don’t need them to be delivered.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echo has now added a "collect in Lloyds pharmacy" button .

Delivery and collection are free 
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.