Is HSBC about to slash its regular saver to 1%? Fears sparked after customers sent wrong emails

HSBC has raised fresh fears that it could be about to slash the interest rate on its regular savings account after accidentally sending emails to customers showing a reduced rate of just 1%, MoneySavingExpert.com can reveal...

Read the full story:

'Is HSBC about to slash its regular saver to 1%? Fears sparked after customers sent wrong welcome packs'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Another overhyped piece of financial journalism
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    M&S scrapped theirs so the expectation that HSBC & fd would follow 
  • HSBC has raised fresh fears that it could be about to slash the interest rate on its regular savings account after accidentally sending emails to customers showing a reduced rate of just 1%, MoneySavingExpert.com can reveal...

Read the full story:

'Is HSBC about to slash its regular saver to 1%? Fears sparked after customers sent wrong welcome packs'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

My regular saver account with hsbc commenced in Sept 2020. I was under the impression the interest rate was 2.75% and was therefore expecting £82 or so being paid to me in September this year, when the account matured. Instead i've been given half of that only. Do i have any recourse here?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback