Help with on the beach

Options
familyhoilday2020
familyhoilday2020 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 2 November 2020 at 12:48PM in Coronavirus travel help & info
Can someone please give me advice. I'm new here. I have an upcoming holiday booked with on the beach for boxing day to spain. We are now in a dire position due to husband being made redundant due to covid. I've contacted OTB who have also agreed the destination is in virtual lockdown but our flights are still going so we cant cancel without a £1429 fee. This is more than we currently owe on the holiday. We owe £998 which is due by 11th november. We cant afford this. There is 9 of us booked on the holiday. My husband got made redundant and my FIL has recently changed jobs and has been told he will not be allowed to quarantine on arrival home even if we could go. I requested change of dates to OTB for october next year. They agreed but asked for £1450 to do this. But arent willing to accept installments on this and want the payment immediately. I've told them the funds wont be in the account to take on the 11th and they said they will apply 3 times. Meaning we also get 3 lots of bank charges. I've said the holiday cant go ahead with 6 children if the place we are going to is shut down but apparently our flights going mean we have to go or lose it. I dont know my rights and what I can do I'm willing to change the dates. Pay in installments but they disagree with this. I can no longer call them as their phone line is only available if you are traveling in the next 14 days. My only contact is email which takes 2 to 3 days for a reply 

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure