Best electricity provider for DD

Options
Moving into new house, was with Airtricity but wanted to know how other companies are eg do they overcharge, make mistakes with bill? I usually pay by DD.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Make mistakes ?    Most problems are related to meter reading and most of those on this site seem to be consumers either not bothering to read meters or reading them wrong.

Don't forget on moving in to ring the existing supplier and give meter readings and take a photo. Then switch ASAP.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All my Electric company DD have been faultless but that has been in England not Ireland .
  • sunshine
    sunshine Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    blackcatg said:
    Moving into new house, was with Airtricity but wanted to know how other companies are eg do they overcharge, make mistakes with bill? I usually pay by DD.
    We were with Airtricity but changed to Power NI - both DD.  Price more or less the same, but we had to ring Airtricity every year to stay on lower price - Power NI you don't have to, they keep you on lower price.  That was a few years ago, don't know if it's changed now.  The one time Power NI wanted to up my payments for DD a quick phone call sorted it out.  No DD problems.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback