College application

Options
My child would be attending college next year (Sept 2021), the application form needs to be in by March 2021 to the college. 

Which expected GCSES grades does child need to put on the application form?

I ask this question, due to Covid. Everything in school is messed up. 

Thanks 

Comments

• 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there guidance with the application? If not ask the college. 
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have asked the child to contact the head of year after the holidays. I just put the question, as many people have been through this matter before. I will wait after the holidays. Thanks
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have asked the child to contact the head of year after the holidays. I just put the question, as many people have been through this matter before. I will wait after the holidays. Thanks
    If its like this year, each college could be different. They might take start of year predications or mock results etc. Only the college will know what to use, if it's not in any guidance then admissions will help. 
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • roksat
    roksat Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Has anything changed? Do all colleges have the same rules again?
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,876 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    roksat said:
    Has anything changed? Do all colleges have the same rules again?
    What's changed is that exams were set this year so 'real' results will be available shortly (or are already available if you're in Scotland and took Highers).
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • IslaMujeres
    IslaMujeres Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 14 August 2023 at 1:20PM
    Options

College applications - that crazy roller coaster ride most of us hop on after high school. It's like diving into a whole new world of essays, transcripts, and recommendation letters, all to prove you're the bomb and deserve a spot in your dream college. I remember feeling like a fish out of water at the beginning, not knowing where to start or what colleges were even looking for. But guess what saved my life? This awesome article I stumbled upon: ​https://writersperhour.com/blog/when-is-paraphrasing-plagiarism​. It's all about avoiding the plagiarism trap when you're trying to put together those application essays. I mean, seriously, who wants to get nailed for copying stuff, right? They break it down in plain English, giving you the lowdown on when paraphrasing turns into sneaky plagiarism. It's like having a secret weapon in your arsenal.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback