New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Instagram issues

6 replies 113 views
annatannat Forumite
529 posts
10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭
Hi
I know this is not an unique issue but, there appears to be extensive account blocking at present. I try to look everyday but am only allowed to tag etc. about every three days for two hours? I can only access instagram on my desktop, so this is already frustrating!! I have noted other accounts are able to tag without any issues at all? Please can anyone advise? I have sent daily report issues, even contacting facebook to see if there is anything they can do? (they own it?).
Any help anyone can offer would be great
Thanks
Anna

Replies

• xbexbexbexxbexbexbex Forumite
    61 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Comping constitutes as spam, and there is against instagram's terms of service. It's pointless contacting them to fix the issue. The only way around getting blocked is to take things slowly so you don't get flagged as spamming. 
    May 2020 prize value: £289.90
    June 2020 prize value: £613.50
    July 2020 prize value: £450.29
    August 2020 prize value: £190.00
    September 2020 prize value: £147.40
  • english_roseenglish_rose Forumite
    205 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I feel like there's been a definite change in the last week or two. Now I can enter far fewer competitions than I could do previously before getting banned. It's frustrating when companies ask you to tag as many people as possible. Surely the companies and Instagram should communicate on this....if repeated tagging gets accounts banned, then Instagram should make it a rule that companies request 1 tag only to enter a competition.
    61 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Once your account gets banned a few times, you're under more scrutiny from the algorithm. This is why you get banned more often. Eventually this could lead to your account getting deleted sadly (happened to me.) I doubt Instagram will care enough to intervene and inform promoters sadly. 
  • annatannat Forumite
    529 posts
    ✭✭
    So is it a better idea to just start again with a new account, it is so pants like English Rose says for companies to ask you to tag and then to block!!
    Thanks for the feedback
    61 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    The problem with new accounts is that the threshold for tags ect is even lower because of the age of the account.  :( Its so annoying that instagram is like this, as its my favourite place to comp. 
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • annatannat Forumite
    529 posts
    ✭✭
    definitely more wins too!!
    Thanks for your help