We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Using stamps for Special Delivery

noellloyd
noellloyd Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 30 October 2020 at 7:27PM in Compers chat corner
You used to be able to use stamps to pay for special delivery parcels with Royal Mail but I haven’t done so in about 8 years. Can you still do this?

Comments

  • I'm sorry, I have no idea.
  • this has been posted in the wrong category, should be in the chat
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 5,456
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I've used stamps to pay for the charges when something has been posted to me without the correct postage on, or if there is a customs fee due. Not sure about special delivery though
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competitions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 20,249
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I tried to use large-letter postage stamps to post a special delivery parcel a couple of days ago.  However, the assistant refused to allow it, saying they had to be special stamps.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.