Alcatel FB comp

Options
I remembered why I hate Facebook competitions when I saw the comment 'I am terminally ill so would love to win.' um ok... Always the sob stories instead of actually just following the information (to post an emoji). 

Comments

• grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 October 2020 at 3:47PM
    Options
    My mind is boggled!
    All you had to do was post your favourite Halloween emoji. I can (Sort of) see "My phone's broken" comments as although they're not needed, they're relevant to the prize,  but this post (I take it this was the one?) with the begging makes me want to vomit, frankly. 
    I am terminally ill and I would absolutely love to win this incredibly kind generous prize!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity! You are wonderful  mine is the    and the ghost  
    xoxo
    Why? Just why?
    P.S. There's another nominating his wife to win, listing all the good deeds she's doneand how hard she works. Great, but no Halloween emoji!

Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've seen a fair few comps lately where the poster has said, 'I would love to win this to give it to charity'. No charity specified or reason why the charity might need a new x box or evening bag or whatever...
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure