NHS prescription prepayment certificate - DD payments not taken

Options
Hi,
Hubby and I both have prepayment certificates,  and I've just noticed that the direct debits haven't been taken for Sept and Oct from either of our accounts -  usually goes out around the 14th.
Can anyone else confirm whether this is happening with them too? 
I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Why not phone the number on the card and find out what's happening? Or this number, 0300 330 1341.

They'll be able to tell you straight away what's happening.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    Why not phone the number on the card and find out what's happening? Or this number, 0300 330 1341.

They'll be able to tell you straight away what's happening.
    We don't have a card...?  My husband's renewal just came as a letter (which he's filed "somewhere" after showing it to the pharmacist),  and mine was just an email confirmation after I had applied (nov last year)
    I just thought if this was happening to more than just us I would wait,  as it's obviously a system problem.  
    Thanks for giving me the number.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 October 2020 at 3:14PM
    Options
    Is it the yearly card? 

If so the amount is taken in 10 monthly payments, for no money to be taken in September & October is correct for a November renewal.

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/help-nhs-prescription-costs/prescription-prepayment-certificates-ppcs
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KxMx said:
    Is it the yearly card? 

If so the amount is taken in 10 monthly payments, for no money to be taken in September & October is correct for a November renewal.

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/help-nhs-prescription-costs/prescription-prepayment-certificates-ppcs
    Well  flipping heck,  I didn't realise/remember  it was taken in 10 payments not 12.  And it's a coincidence that DH's runs the same months as mine (I can't remember when he first signed up).  Thanks KxMx
    Now,  As I will be 60 in the middle of November,  do I have to cancel it,  or will they just not renew?
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 October 2020 at 5:09PM
    Options
    Now, As I will be 60 in the middle of November, do I have to cancel it, or will they just not renew?

Before mine was due to renew before I was 60, I had a letter to say that autorenewal wouldn't happen because I would be 60 within that year. I was given the choice of renewing for the full year, which I did as I was still getting 11 months out of it., or I could make my own arrangements. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback