Problems with Momox code - are they usually good to deal with?

Hi! 
I have some books to sell and am going to try some different companies depending on the best offered price for each. Several of them are worth more at Momox than the others so I thought I'd try there for some.  I did find some reviews on here which made them sound legit. 

There is an offer on the front page of a bonus £5 code for your first trade-in if you sign up for their newsletter. I signed up, received the email asking me to click and confirm, which I did.  However, I never got any follow-up email with a code. I gave it a few days, but it still didn't come. I tried to ring, but the number's in Germany - so I gave up after a short while on hold. I have emailed them, but got a response that didn't seem to understand my query.

I just wanted to check if other people had used Momox recently, and had ever contacted their customer service and had a good/bad experience?  Or if anyone else has managed to get the £5 code.  I'm trying to determine if it's my email address that's the problem (I did try a second though with the same problem) or if the system is broken and not sending out codes. Also, if anyone has done it successfully, is it a unique individualised code or a generic one.

Just deciding whether to keep waiting or to give up and either do it without the bonus or to go elsewhere.

Thanks for your time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure