Credit file after bankruptcy

Hi, I’ve searched the forums and keep finding different answers online so wondered if someone could answer me a quick question please. Next week is 6 years since my bankruptcy. I was discharged after 12 months. When will the bankruptcy drop off my credit file? Is it 6 years from the date of the bankruptcy or is it 6 years from the date I was discharged, so another year? Thanks

Comments

• 6 years from the bankrupcy. Mine seemed to take an extra month though for some reason
  • 6 years from the bankrupcy. Mine seemed to take an extra month though for some reason
    That’s great, thanks. I thought it might take a little time to update but at least I know it’s this year and not next so that’s good news!
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    If you check the I.S website and search your name , click on it and status will have changed to discharged.
    this stays for 3 months so print a copy off for your records
  • If you check the I.S website and search your name , click on it and status will have changed to discharged.
    The OP has been discharged for nearly 6 years so the entry on the IS register is long gone. 
  • luvchocolate
    If you check the I.S website and search your name , click on it and status will have changed to discharged.
    The OP has been discharged for nearly 6 years so the entry on the IS register is long gone. 
    Hi the OP is approaching discharged. 
    Bradders replied he was 6 years discharged not the OP
  • . Next week is 6 years since my bankruptcy. 
    @iluvchocolate from the OP. 

• luvchocolate
    . Next week is 6 years since my bankruptcy. 
    @iluvchocolate from the OP. 

I apologise my mistake. 
    I should have stayed in bed today!
    Sorry 
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I had a DRO which ended last year. It did take a couple of months for it to drop off my various credit reports. But once it's gone, it's such a wonderful feeling! Congratulations on your financial freedom. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Do remember. You are a member of the BR’s Gazette until the day you die. 

No way out of that one I’m afraid

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure