Making money on eBay/amazon

Options
I'm trying to find products that can sell online. I know eBay is a bit old hat and is very competitive but I've always wanted to try it. I'm looking a a website called wholesaleclearance.co.uk. they have a lot of random items but some stuff seems quite cheap. Is it possible to make a profit or am I wasting my time. I've heard alot about Amazon FBA which I've heard can be profitable but to make good money you need to create your own brand and import from china

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you can buy from them then so can 1000's of others at the same price . You will be competing with them 
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Emmaaar22
    Emmaaar22 Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don`t sell myself on Amazon, But i`ve seen others and to be honest it`s a waste of time
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm trying to find products that can sell online. I know eBay is a bit old hat and is very competitive but I've always wanted to try it. I'm looking a a website called wholesaleclearance.co.uk. they have a lot of random items but some stuff seems quite cheap. Is it possible to make a profit or am I wasting my time. I've heard alot about Amazon FBA which I've heard can be profitable but to make good money you need to create your own brand and import from china
    Only you can work that out as you know your start costs and the products you have in mind. Do a bit of research, completed sales on eBay (never work from current listings, only completed) will show you the sort of prices achieved, from that work backwards, factor in fees, postage etc plus allow a percentage for returns and losses, then also factor in tax and NI . If you can source items that can cover All that and leave a good profit margin do some proper business models. Remember that as a business seller, wherever you sell you will be expected to take change of mind returns, so work out whether you are likely to be selling things that usually have a high rate of returns- clothes, shoes etc. You will lose the outward postage on these returns . On eBay as a business all your listings will be chargeable , on Amazon regardless of status you. An choose to pay a monthly fixed fee to reduce your other fees, or pay full fees on all sales.

it is possible to make money , I sell very part time now on eBay and can make some fairly good money , but I spend time even now researching items, and also being brave if a current line stops selling- and dumping it. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback