New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Muscle building at home

2 replies 100 views
I've been given a barbell and two dumbbells and want to use them at home.
I had intended to do bodyweight training only but having the weights now can do a mixture of both.
Couple of questions:
Can anyone recommend a relevant app to use?
Do I need to get a bench? 
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• bluebaronbluebaron Forumite
    138 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Why don't you join  an online lifestyle channel where you can practise Yoga live with and instructor or via catchup recorded sessions if i'm busy. They also offer fitness classes, healthy eating advice and loads of other stuff. 
    The woman that runs this one is really nice and its very informal and fun.
    They offer a free 7 day trial so if anyones interested have a look.
  • TheShapeTheShape Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    ATC111 said:
    I've been given a barbell and two dumbbells and want to use them at home.
    I had intended to do bodyweight training only but having the weights now can do a mixture of both.
    Couple of questions:
    Can anyone recommend a relevant app to use?
    Do I need to get a bench? 
    Thanks in advance.
    You don't need a bench but it makes chest pressing exercises easier.  Without one you might be able to perform the Floor Press.

Floor Press, shoulder press, barbell or dumbell row, squat or goblet squat, deadlift, bicep curl, skullcrushers from the floor.

Those exercises are probably enough to start things off.