We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Sunday 04 October 2020
Gers
Posts: 13,994 Forumite
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about
everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great,
inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old
Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already.
Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check
the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style
natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning
6
Comments
-
Good morning folks.Whilst not having as much rain as in the south of the UK it's pretty horrid outside.So, another wet Sunday ahead. This feels like my childhood when a Sunday was really a non-day though this is worse. It's like slowly withering away.Not sure what my day will hold. There's the joys of emptying the DW to look forward to, taking the recycling to the the dumpster and reading some more.I hope that everyone is doing OK at least. Happy Sunday to all.12
-
Morning folks and thanks for starting us off GERS. I'm glad I am not the only one who dislikes Sunday. Although today will be slightly less of a non-day than usual as I have a flu jab booked in at Boots at 11.00. They must think I have a very poor memory as I got 3 reminders yesterday!!
We too have been getting off lightly with the weather compared to those further south. We have blue sky this morning and it feels very mild. I am not gloating though as sunshine and showers are forecast for this afternoon!
I didn't progress too well with the internet gift shopping yesterday. After 2 hours I was starting to lose the will to live as I hadn't spotted anything that appealed. All I had managed was a gift card for middle DGD's birthday in 2 weeks and a restaurant gift card for BIL's 70th birthday the same day. Then just as I was going to throw in the towel I came across a little company selling hand made silver bits and pieces and ordered a book mark made from a silver feather and assorted little beads, as a stocking filler for eldest DGD. I must try harder this afternoon as I have no intention of the soul destroying trail around shops, smothered behind a mask in steamed up glasses!
Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need of them. Take care one and all and stay sane and safe x
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"10 -
Morning all, another bleak day of rain, rain and more rain to look forward too, don't think it's stopped at all.I didn't get much done either yesterday except an online shop, which is coming tomorrow morning so I hope this rain eases off a bit and put more flour in the freezer. I watched Malificent 2 again and sat though the new Rambo film ( I suppose that was only fair ) but he's not my favourite actor and typical to type he got all the men single handed and rode off into the sunset, literally.More web wandering today, taking out the last of the flour bags and finding a home for all of them and then lots of loitering on the sofa, sloth like. Tea will be a sort of roast dinner, pork chops, roasties, veg and gravy. I think we'll have a custard slice for pudding too ( a treasure found in the freezer) as I've run out of ice cream.Right I suppose I'd better get dressed and do something.Scarlett hope you're ok and haven't been washed away on your break.Hugs to all the poorly ones and those in recovery.Take care all, stay safe and well.nan xxFailure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently10
-
Morning all
Pouring with rain here and set in for the whole day, its also very cold and I think the fire will be lit for a cosy afternoon later, nothing exciting on the cards today but it will be a very soggy dog walk later.
I might do a nice roast later as it seems to be the right day for it, I have a lamb joint which I hope will do tomorrow as well although its quite small, I have a sweede to cook which I boil with carrots and an onion and them mash its one of my favourite veg, I have cabbage and peas as well and probably yorkshires.
I have the towel wash from yesterday to finish off in the td and OH will out his work stuff in the wm, they will have to go in the td too.
Have good days all xx
11 -
Morning
Beautiful blue skies here nice to see the sun again albeit briefly I'm sure
Nothing much going on here as usual managed quite a lot of the house yesterday so I can pick and choose today. Put a load more stuff in the bin from the garage this morning and they are nearly full again. I can actually move a bit in there now so my tortoise decluttering is working of a kind
Yesterdays chicken kiev in filo with pea mash was gorgeous so definitely one for the regular list. I had far too much filo so also made an apple strudel thing and a cherry pie. More of the same today with the leftovers. I was clearly in the zone as I also made a jar of salted caramel sauce which was so easy and so tasty ...clearly a million calories in each teaspoon though
Have a good sunday all
11 -
Hi everyone,
Still rotten weather here. We had our roast dinner last night because Chris and Crystal came over for the first time in ages. They are having an attached storeroom which was only accessible by going outside converted into a utility room accessed from the house and so have no washing machine so they brought their washing over. They have also no boiler so they are feeling decidedly chilly. Anyway, the roast pork was delicious and we all ate far too much.
We're having a lazy start today but after spending two days clearing Laura's clutter I feel inspired to have a go at things here. Also the football to watch later on, maybe by myself because Steve and Chris have been making noises about golfing, they must be mad in this weather.11 -
Morning All (just)
I was awake early so took myself off shopping - something I really don't enjoy but thought everywhere would be very quiet (it was) and I had birthday cards and gifts to buy. All done now and I even picked up a couple of bits for that event in December.
Couldn't wait to get home for a coffee and some breakfast so having that now, have some steak for later on (and a sneaky bar of chocolate!).
It's stopped raining and the sky looks quite bright, I may get out for a walk later but I think the washing will have to stay inside. It's much milder out today than yesterday so that's a bonus.
Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday, take care. XX
8 -
Afternoon all
Thanks for the thread Gers and hugs to all those in need.
We've had torrential rain here the water level is very high and it's flowing fast, part of the canal has been Red Boarded so we can't move. We've had to let the fire go out as someone in a nearby house has complained so it's freezing. I shall put the oven on soon to cook the Sunday roast so we will get warm then. I'm cooking beef, a ham joint for sandwiches next week and 6 fruit crumbles.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs HesterChin up, Titus out.9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
