We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Saturday 3 October 2020
nmlc
Posts: 4,788 Forumite
O/S Daily Saturday 3 October 2020
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
Now light, wet underfoot and blustery.
DH watching catchup tv, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my porridge and first cuppa whilst on here, I'm working this morning. DS1 still in his pit. DS2 settled and happy.
Dinner last night was breaded chicken goujons, chips, beans and coleslaw for the menfolk. I had fishcakes and stir fry veg. Tonight will be veg and mushroom rice, a tomato pasta bake, prawns, and some bbq chicken wings for those that want some. Tomorrow will be roast.
Yesterday I again got done what I wanted, so pleased with that.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
Now light, wet underfoot and blustery.
DH watching catchup tv, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my porridge and first cuppa whilst on here, I'm working this morning. DS1 still in his pit. DS2 settled and happy.
Dinner last night was breaded chicken goujons, chips, beans and coleslaw for the menfolk. I had fishcakes and stir fry veg. Tonight will be veg and mushroom rice, a tomato pasta bake, prawns, and some bbq chicken wings for those that want some. Tomorrow will be roast.
Yesterday I again got done what I wanted, so pleased with that.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
10
Comments
-
Morning folks.Thanks for starting us off NMLC.This morning I'm having my postponed breakfast with my friend so I'll do the shopping afterwards. DM's usual Saturday visitor is not coming again, they are both bring very careful for the meantime.Yesterday was banking day though it's taking less and less time these days. Soon there won't be any interest bearing accounts anymore. Such changes everywhere, sometimes I feel so totally dislocated.Time for shower and DW emptying. I hope that everyone is doing well. Happy Saturday to all.13
-
Morning All
DW emptied and the washing all folded, just a few things to iron but not today! The washing from yesterday was dry when I got home despite the fog of the morning, the bedding went out at 4pm and was almost dry by 6 with the lovely sunshine. No sunshine today, I think the heavy rain is due here later this morning.
My neighbour came over and fixed the gutter at the back, I think the window cleaner had leaned his ladder on it as it just popped back into place, we'll find out later!
Going somewhere with DD and the little one today, not sure where as she hasn't let me know but I have a feeling it could be the blue and yellow shed, just hope it's not too busy. Food shopping to do but that can wait until tomorrow.
Have a good weekend, take care. XX13 -
Morning
Grim looking day out there grey and drizzly lots of rain on the books by the look of it
Good sleep last night but so many weird dreams
So our town has officially started lockdown today so no household mixing at all now in or out
Hope it works as 2 more died yesterday in our local hospital.
In brighter news Asda have just been and no subs or missing items so at least food supplies seem to be coping well
Finally and somewhat grumpily got on to the tv license website to hand over her £157 so mum is now legal. Ive told her she has to watch lots of BBC now to make it worthwhile
Tonights grub will be Jamie Olivers filo chicken kiev with loads of veg. I don't want to make loads so the left over filo is earmarked for an apple pie for pud
Plans today include my age uk calls and not a lot else I'll go with the flow
Have a good if wet day all13 -
Morning folks and thanks NMLC. What a dim and dismal start it is. We have rain but not heavy and no wind either. So far we seem to be getting off lightly here but I may regret saying that! I have yet to go out and feed the birdies but may risk that coatless.
Today is destined to be a day of sloth, busy doing nothing. I made a good start buying Xmas pressies in the after Christmas sales and then the job stopped when lockdown hit us. I still need lots of stocking fillers but I think main pressies will be gift cards. We have no decent shops left hereabouts and I am certainly not trailing further afield looking for stuff, so a day of gift searching on the internet is on the agenda for today.
The wm is doing it's stuff and no chance of that getting pegged out today! So it will festoon the back (warmest) bedroom for the day. My Iceland delivery arrived all present and correct yesterday so my frozen veg stocks have been replenished, as has my fish drawer. I have heard nothing at all about the local lockdown so I am assuming it remains the same and we are not allowed to meet friends and rellies outside our support bubble (sorry AOD I know you hate that phrase)
Have a good day one and all and stay sane and safe xx
ps NELS my tv licence is due end of the month and I really think there should be a reduction when only one person is watching. Especially as I hardly watch anything anyway!"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"13 -
Hi everyone,
Horrible weather here today, we were at Laura's yesterday and it poured down all day, very depressing. Esben had his first two full days of nursery so we went down in case he was too distressed and had to be picked up early. Luckily he took it in his stride and had a great time. As a result I was able to spend the two days sorting out the downstairs for Laura and Brian because it had become very cluttered and untidy which Laura in particular hates and it begins to affect her mood. The kitchen doesn't have a great deal of storage and Laura gets sent a lot of booze for her so there are bottles of drink all over the place waiting to be tasted.
We got home last night and had egg, chips and beans for dinner. I'd taken a lentil bolognaise down to Laura's and then on Thursday made indian spiced chicken thighs and a dhal with roast sweet potatoes for dinner so i reckon I deserved a night off. We'll have lamb parcels made with aubergine, courgette, mushrooms and tomatoes so back to a more healthy diet today.11 -
Morning all
Wet wet wet here rain is lashing down and set to be the same all day, yesterday it was torrential rain all day with some flodding locally !! I have a towel wash on the go but they can go on the airer in the lounge and we will light the fire later they almost dry overnight that way and then a quick turn in the td tomorrow, I have another load to go in after but that can go straight in the TD.
We had successful day xmas shopping yesterday, I managed to finish OH and most of DD's presents, we are doing a secret santa in the family this year as no one really needs anything so we are all picking a name out of a hat and buying one really nice present each so everyone gets one really nice present, my mum is legendary for buying terrible second hand presents from the CS (last year I got a wooden box with a star sign on the top, not my star sign !! and my sister got a broken travel hair dryer
) so this will hopefully stop all this.
Onto today house work and washing and dog walking then a film this afternoon I have had a really busy couple of days and im feeling it so a good rest will help.
We did not end up having the filled pasta last night
OH treated us to an indian takeaway which was delish, tonight will be pizza coleslaw and salad but we will eat the pasta one day !!
Nels I keep meaning to say if the picalilli turns out ok I shall send you a jar xx
Have good days all xx12 -
Morning all, we seem to have a bit of respite from stormy weather at present, but it's not going to last as it's coming round again later today...... and tomorrow
We bagged up all the flour yesterday, 27 bags of it and we looked like a pair of Fred's flour graders
Looks clean flour with no pesky additives ie weevils, but I've put half of the bags in the freezer anyway ( just in case, I'm a belt and braces girl ) and the other bags will go in later before I get another freezer order. I shall empty the DW and sort out a small Iceland order for Monday or Tuesday and that's my day sorted, I have nothing else planned, don't even know what's for tea today. I might have a wander around the web looking for Xmas present ideas too but first I must look for some birthday stuff as I still have some money left for DGD's birthday present ( she has to have the same amount spent on her as her brother had ) then something for DD's birthday in Dec and Dad's later this month too. Normally I'm more organised (
Mr Fix It would beg to differ) so I'd better get my skates on about those birthdays, they seem to be creeping up fast, I can't believe it's already October, this year has been a blur for me
Right enough from the Waffler for Wales for todayTake care all, stay safe (and sane those on the lockdown benchnan xxFailure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently11 -
DD1 is with us this weekend. As a vegetarian she (we) all had pancakes for breakfast. Made half and half with white flour and the homemade acorn flour. Yes, acorn flour. They were really, really nice especially with honey and lemon juice. Slightly denser than ordinary pancakes and the mixture was akin to making it with wholemeal flour only. However the taste was subtle, nutty and filling. Really good experiment. Next recipe is tomorrow with crumble, probably.WM is working overtime as DD brought her washing home as we have a tumble dryer.9
-
The weather took about half an hour to decide to be really nasty! It didn't take away from the lovely breakfast with my friend, just being out with someone else was perfect. My shopping trip was very quick too so I'm back inside snug again.I posted off a couple of wee packets with gifts for some friends, just what we call 'mindings'. Now it's time to do some reading I think. DW emptied and the washing from yesterday all folded and put away.9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

