Asda bought by billionaire Issa brothers in £6.8bn deal

SeriousHoax
SeriousHoax Posts: 242 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 6 January 2021 at 8:07AM in Gone off!
BBC News - Asda bought by billionaire Issa brothers in £6.8bn deal

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Only time will tell how this will pan out but the brothers seem to know what customers want or they wouldn't have done as well as they have
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Has to be good, Walmart wanted to sell Asda for ages, now it is mostly owned by the UK and also they will ensure the business gets improvements now to be more successful.
  • Farway said:
    Only time will tell how this will pan out but the brothers seem to know what customers want or they wouldn't have done as well as they have
    Expect to see food counters serving KFC and other franchise fast food. It would surprise me if the existing cafe's weren't expanded to food courts when this pandemic is finally behind us.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    First news from newly British ASDA is that meat will be British, a straight copy of Morrisons and Lidl. 
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    First news from newly British ASDA is that meat will be British, a straight copy of Morrisons and Lidl. 
    Good to know.
    Of course for those of us with long memories they only switched from British to imported during BSE

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • I hope they improve their superstores.
    In my experience far too many are dark, dingy, miserable places not conducive to a pleasing shopping experience (though I have visited some which are quite pleasant) and sadly these always remind me for some reason of the old KwikSave stores.
    *Shudders*
    No I don't expect Asda to morph into Waitrose but I'm pretty sure that improving the overall look and feel would go some way towards improving their increasingly-poor performance in the face of ever-increasing competition.

• MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My local ASDA has really spacious aisles unlike new but cramped Morrisons. Always looks clean. Staff are friendly. It's the supermarket in our only shopping mall, rather than a store on a retail park. ASDA has a really good range of organic fruit and veg and their organic avocados are cheaper than Sainsbury's non-organic. Also got a good gluten-free range. 
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Plus paying minimal tax by being based in Jersey and elsewhere and loads of debt. 🤔☹️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback