We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

It's the final countdown...£10k to go

1…2122242627…31

Comments

  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,245
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Amazing news, well done and congratulations!

    Enjoy your celebration, H x
  • Sarahwithlove
    Sarahwithlove Posts: 3,502
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That's great well done. Enjoy your lunch out to celebrate. 
    *Dad loan - £7000 - £7000
    *Tesco Credit Card (0% 9/9/27) - £3623.18 - £3623.18
    *Nationwide Loan - £11,000 -£11000.00
    *Total Debt - £21623.18/£21623.18*


    Savings
    *Sinking Fund - £1400/2000
    *Emergency Fund - £0/£3000


    New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • Wow what an achievement! 🥳🥳🍾
  • DancingInTheRain
    DancingInTheRain Posts: 1,729
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Fabulous, congratulations on being debt free! 🥂

    Debt Busting Again in 2026

    Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994

    Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26

    Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26

    Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344

  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    well done - fabulous energy, fabulous result
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Legs21
    Legs21 Posts: 251
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Congratulations and well done 👏🥂
    MFW 2022 #71  £4400/£4400
  • Aspiration
    Aspiration Posts: 532
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Congratulations!!  🎉 
    April 2020 - £102,222 Loans/CC’s.

    Jan 2022 - £0
    Cleared - £102,222

    Jan 2022 - Now time to build suitable investments and a business!
  • t2rry
    t2rry Posts: 1,118
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you all so much!!!  I very much enjoyed our little celebration, just a quiet meal and a tipple in the sun!  I'm still on it though, I said I had about £200 leeway on the budget, I'm putting £100 of that out of sight, we spent £55 on our celebratory meal and I'll leave the rest as a slush fund for general spends.  I've signed up to do a car boot next weekend as a final push to get rid of everything we don't want to take with us to the new house, then if there's anything left after that I will donate/recycle it.  
    The packing is beginning this week now so I have everything I want to sell and I'm determined to be organised and ready for moving!
    Debt Free I FFEF I Building Savings I 2026 Plan:
    1. 25/26 Pension £3,100/£3,100
    2. Regular Savings £7,690/£6,900
    3. Slush Fund £12,960/£10,000

    Save £12k in 2026 - #17 - £23,750/£20,000 (119%)
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    well done - very exciting.  Loving the new signature
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Tightpants24
    Tightpants24 Posts: 115
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Wow, I looked away for a few days you have cleared your debt  :)  Excellent effort.  Good luck with your carboot sale 👍
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.