Waiting times and no shows on prizes

Hi all, I recently noticed in the I won section of the forums someone asked what peoples longest wait times for prizes were and thought this might be thread worthy.  I am also curious on how many people have had wins for them never to arrive? 
I have only had a couple of wins and my longest wait was a Bauer comp with greatest hits radio and that took 3 weeks to hit the bank(a very long 3 weeks!)
2018 Tickets to the deep
2018 - 2020 comping hard with nothing to show
2020 £12.058 Greatest hits radio - EZVIZ Outdoor floodlight security cam with siren(maplin) - Seagate 1tb external hard drive - An Old El Paso Mexican Summer prize pack(Time Out mag/Old El Paso) - Ian Cook, Popbangcolour Re-tyred artwork
2021 - 30L Biorb aquarium -  £10 Curry's voucher
2022 - Clarke multi tool - £200 That's life mag win - Case of wine??

Comments

• hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Still waiting on one from March.  Getting updates when I chase so haven't given up.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • I received an e-mail beginning of August to say I won an ps3 on a driving theory test comp ,still waiting for it to arrive ,how long do you wait till you get back to them ,was hoping to give it as gift for a birthday. 
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,587 Forumite
    hdh74 said:
    Still waiting on one from March.  Getting updates when I chase so haven't given up.
    One due from May, send reminder email each month and get promising reply, so living in hope - Good Housekeeping A Natural Cleaning Starter Pack - anyone else win one and did you get it?
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    harry3690 said:
    I received an e-mail beginning of August to say I won an ps3 on a driving theory test comp ,still waiting for it to arrive ,how long do you wait till you get back to them ,was hoping to give it as gift for a birthday. 
    I normally give it about a month before the first chase up, then it depends what response I get after that, but at least once a month after that
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    yes 2+ months JULY for a CD they say when they get it in they will send (Jazz FM) but why advertise and do the comp if you don't have the prize to hand??? Have said I would accept another CD they havn't replied to last e mail though.
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Longest I've waited is a year and then I messaged the company and asked if I could have an alternative price instead which they said ok to.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,885 Forumite

Obviously Covid is an exceptional circumstance but normally 30 days unless otherwise stated is the guidance -  

Promoters must award the prizes as described in their marketing communications or reasonable equivalents, normally within 30 days.

if more than 30 days after the closing date, the date by which prizewinners will receive their prizes

https://www.asa.org.uk/type/non_broadcast/code_section/08.html

and the complaint form

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family