PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

ASDA delivery question

Options
Hi, I have a delivery booked for Sunday am, they say the money is taken from my account 2 days before but money does not hit my bank until about 10am on Friday.  I can't afford to be without food so will this be OK do you think.  I have looked online but cannot find the answer to my specific question.  Hope someone can help   Thanks

Illegitimi non carborundum
Quot Libra, Quam Breve Tempus
SPC NUMBER 025
SPC  #11 £207.12
SPC  #12 £295.02                        

SPC  #13 £215.29

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I've just had a delivery.
    They only charge on the day of delivery as they do not know precisely how much your bill will be until it is packed, think loose bananas for instance
    Snippet from my order receipt  below. My bold

We set up your payment the day before your order. That way we can warn you if there are payment problems. We only charge you on the day.

Sometimes your order total changes after we set up the payment. For example because of last minute changes to your order, or the exact weight of your fresh food.

If so we’ll make corrections on the day. You’ll see these on your bank statement as extra charges/refunds. Some banks may take a few days to then update your account.

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • CocoM2020
    Options
    I’m with Nationwide -  it shows as a pending payment in my bank account on the day before my order is due (it’s the amount that your shopping would have cost on the day you placed your order). The full amount is then taken the day of delivery (shows as 2 pending payments - both add up to total amount).
  • hanert
    Options
    Thanks, so I should be OK.  I had a feeling they were taking it 2 days early which, due to the weekend would have made it tonight.  Only have to hope now a keep everything crossed. Thanks again x

Illegitimi non carborundum
    Quot Libra, Quam Breve Tempus
    SPC NUMBER 025
    SPC  #11 £207.12
    SPC  #12 £295.02                        

SPC  #13 £215.29

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts