Is this genuine?

Dear *********

Join the fight against COVID-19!

Reed are proud to support the government’s COVID-19 Infection Survey.  We are looking for flexible people to work with us four or five days a week collecting swab samples from participating households. 

Join the fight against COVID-19!

Reed are proud to support the government’s COVID-19 Infection Survey.  We are looking for flexible people to work with us four or five days a week collecting swab samples from participating households. 

Successful applicants will visit pre-identified households each day where they will provide a COVID-19 swab test to participants, wait whilst the participant administers the swab test, input participant data and return the completed tests to a designated location.  Visits will occur across five of seven days and may include weekends and evenings.  For this role you will not enter the household as all will be undertaken on the doorstep.
In return you will receive a day rate of £130 per day plus expenses. 

Duties and Responsibilities:

Receiving a daily list of home visits to attend

Plan your day and journey, visiting each home provided in agreed timescales

Visiting participants’ homes, providing them with COVID-19 swab tests

Waiting whilst participants complete their COVID-19 swab test

Accurately inputting data and logging participant results

Safely delivering all samples to designated locations

Essential Requirements

Driving license, own vehicle and business insurance which you can obtain once you're deployed.

Smart phone

Computer literacy and ability to use apps

Strong written and verbal communication skills

Strong customer service skills and a customer-centred approach

Attention to detail

Confident in working alone in a community environment

Ability to work to targets

COVID-19 considerations:
You will not be entering households where we either know or suspect that participants are suffering from Covid-19 and appropriate PPE will be provided to you

Please email me back if this is of interest to you, we'll need to complete a short telephone pre-screen, confirm your availability for work, minimum of 4 days per week and days or a weekend, shifts are either 9am - 5pm or 1pm - 9pm, your choice. A basic DBS will be required which will be paid for and some referencing checks will be completed.

NB: You can onyl apply for this job if you have a valid driving licence, valid passport or full birth certificate and x2 proof of address document for vetting purposes. 

Jago Davey

Talent Acquisition Manager
REED Secure - Delivery
11 - 19 Wine Street, {Address.line_2}, Bristol, BS1 2PH

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 September 2020 at 3:48PM
    They mention "Attention to detail", but have one correct and one incorrect spelling of the noun "licence".
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • They mention "Attention to detail", but have one correct and one incorrect spelling of the noun "licence".
    Good spot
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 18 September 2020 at 2:55PM
    Also someone has mis-spelled 'only'. 

But I don't think this can be genuine. Who is Reed representing here?

Where I live, and I suspect everywhere else in the country, you can only get tested at specific testing sites. And you have to go there, they don't come to you.  

There are very strict guidelines about who can and cannot administer the test. And also, about who can take the test.

If people need home tests, they are usually sent to households by post by the authorised company.

This all seems very dodgy to me!  And I wouldn't want to be a travelling COVID tester, not for all the tea in China. Nor for £130 per day.

Oh and if it's all being done 'on the doorstep' - what about properties that don't have one? 

And what happens if you're on a doorstep and it's pouring with rain? 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • YBR
    YBR Posts: 539
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This kind of testing was on the BBC news this lunchtime. 
    Call and ask.
  • https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/community-covid-19-swab-testing-team-london/40807794
    So seems legit.  I did do an "at home" covid test a few weeks ago, although that was sent to me in the post it was collected by a courier (who turned out to be the local Yodel guy).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback