We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Finding the 'living with it' difficult...

Options
13»

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great Thread, MM - This is my second Christmas as a bankrupt, and even though I'm discharged, this year will, probably, be tougher than last year as my Bankruptcy was only one month before Christmas, and we hadn't really felt the main effects, then.
    This year we really don't have the full cupboards, or stock of wine, as they have, gradually, been eroded over the last 12 months.
    But, that said, I think that Bankruptcy really does bring out the true MSE in all of us:
    The homemade Christmas Cake, and Puddings, are already made. Mince Pies are on the agenda for the week before Christmas.
    We have become firm ALDI/LIDL converts (I must say that I'm well impressed with their Christmas Ranges).
    We will be using the cards we bought in the January sales (normally we tend to buy them, but also buy a couple of packs of 'decent' cards for family just before Christmas, at full price :eek: ). Also our mailing list has been dramatically pruned.
    We will still have the whole family for Christmas Lunch - and there won't be any shortages - just the labels might seem a bit strange to the non-converted.
    We will not be going overboard on presents - we have told our immediate family what to expect, and have asked for them to treat us the same - have even suggested supermarket shopping vouchers rather than gifts.
    We are trying to keep our Christmas spending budget at the same level as our normal weekly spends - it seems to be working so far.

I hope everyone has a Happy Christmas - we will.:xmassign:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • madoldbat
    Options
    Aw I wanna live in your house...... It sounds realy fun:j
    Zebadee you would be welcome any time.
    Not sure fun discribes our house,mad,caotic,confused,loud,hungry (2 teens) untidy and bewildering would seem more like it.But we have huge ammounts of love,hugs,smiles,laughter,hope,pride and home made cake & biccies we will happily share.
    Some of the best lessons we ever learn,we learn from our mistakes and failures.the error of the past is the success and wisdom of the future.:wave: :beer::j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport