Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Social Energy Scotland

Anyone come across these guys? I recently found them on Facebook and it looks like they could be quite new, since they only have 45 'likes' on their page. I sent them a message and they called me to talk about the idea of having a battery and being able to supply my neighbourhood with any excess electricity. He also mentioned no upfront cost of getting a battery but didn't go into much detail, he said he was only the administrator for the social media side of things and would have someone else call me who is better placed to go through everything in more detail.

Replies

• EVandPVEVandPV Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of them mate.
    I'd be wary, "no upfront cost" for a battery sounds too good to be true !
    Scott in Fife, 3kwp pv SSW facing, Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012
    7.2kwh Pylontech battery storage with Lux ac inverter
    Renault Zoe 40kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • M0neyM0ney Forumite
    484 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much, I thought the same thing myself. I was refused when it got to the credit check for getting the battery installed through HES. I haven't heard from them again but I would be very careful about agreeing to anything when it sounds to good to be true.
  • SolarchaserSolarchaser Forumite
    870 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Also never heard of them.
    But can't help thinking its a similar think to the solar rent a roof. Where the only ones getting a good deal, are the company selling you it
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf and Lux 3600 with 17kwh useable storage
  • M0neyM0ney Forumite
    484 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I got another call from these guys a couple days ago, they tentatively booked me in for Monday I think the guy on the phone wasn't sure if anyone would be in my area that day, I'll be away offshore the day after so I couldn't be flexible with them, it will be interesting to see what the fine detail of their offering includes....
  • SolarchaserSolarchaser Forumite
    870 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    So, was it a scam?
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf and Lux 3600 with 17kwh useable storage