PIP payments and backdated after Bankruptcy order made?

Im confused and worried. I have thankfully been made Bankrupt last month and I have been on state benefits after losing my job for nearly a year to illness. Due to Corona my PIP claim was delayed for months during this time but I have now been awarded the lower rate and a backdated payment. Do I have to tell my OR about the lump sum? 

Comments

• Yes you do..anything from before your bankruptcy is no longer yours to claim. 
    I always think of it as a line in the sand. 
  • Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 768
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Even so, it won’t be claimed from you as this is a subsistence level benefit. The OR has no claim on benefits. 
  • Apologies I misread and missed the benefits part...sorry Minky know their stuff so rest assured 
  • Apologies I misread and missed the benefits part...sorry Minky know their stuff so rest assured 
    Thank you 🙂
  • Remember that PIP is one of those protected benefits which has a quite unique special status. It is not counted as income for benefits or tax credits so cannot reduce those nor is anyone able to make any claim against it. Other than it being withdrawn by DWP it is a 100% safe protected benefit.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback