Sell CDs

edited 30 August 2020 at 11:59AM in Boost your income
3 replies 281 views
ChomeurChomeur Forumite
2.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
Forumite
edited 30 August 2020 at 11:59AM in Boost your income
I've got about 200 cds gathering dust. It's worth keeping some for when the Internet is down, which is typically about one day per year (Virgin Media). But otherwise I could happily get rid of them. Is it worth trying to sell them at all, or should I just bin them? I tried an app called ziffit which promised great things and then said in relation to each bar code that I scanned that they couldn't buy it.
It wouldn't be that much trouble for me to take them to somewhere in central London.
Thanks.

Replies

• You'll probably get £20 or so for them through someone like Music Magpie.
  • MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi, I agree with zx81. 

I've sent lots of books and loads of CDs to them and they pay (not great amounts but still you do get something) - sometimes there's something they don't want and I just pop them into a charity bag.

You just have to register with them, and then scan the number on the back of the CDs, they'll tell you if they want them or not and how much they are willing to pay and then you just pack them up, they send a courier to collect them (doesn't cost you a penny) and when they receive your stuff they put some money into your account immediately, and send a text to let you know. That's PayPal for me, but can be any of your accounts.

It's a shame to bin CDs, although I know they are going out of fashion but I can definitely recommend Music Magpie, they have always paid up and, as I said before, it doesn't cost you anything to send them off.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • ChomeurChomeur Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Done that, £21, your estimate was very good zx81. And they only wanted half of them, so I can keep the rest for next time Virgin Media lets me down.