PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

NHS car lease

Options
I am due to renew my lease car in Jan 21 and the lease company that my trust uses say I cannot get a Peugeot e2008 electric car that is £50 less per month and zero emissions, than the one I lease now? They say it's because the value of the car is greater, my wage has increased by £2500 since I took this contract and they say it would bring me below the minimum wage? BIK can you explain please,  I really dont understand. I have worked out on the price they have advertised and my wage would still be above minimum wage??? It feels like discrimination? After all, someone on double my wage would still be the same amount less a month than I would be?

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Check that the trust are calculating on you having JUST the Peugeot  - sounds like they think you are taking on 2, particularly if your car isn't up until January.

Have you had the email inviting you to renew, or are you looking to apply now, as that will probably be why it looks like you will be below minimum wage.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Gedders
    Gedders Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They asked me to send some quotes to renew my lease when this one finished so they cant be counting both... they said it's just for that one 
  • Floss
    Options
    Personally, I would try & call them to ask why they think that.

What's the lead time on the Peugeot vehicle? It may be that you are ordering too soon & will be liable to pay for the new car before your old lease is finished. You need to be really careful on timing when renewing as a lease is a legal agreement, it isn't just a case of taking on a new car & returning the other.
  • Gedders
    Gedders Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have rang them, they say a new contract will start after this one ends, and it's based on          " benefits in kind " 
    The value of the peugeot e2008 value ? 
    If you are on a band 2/3 in the nhs you can only have an aygo or picanto like I have now and my lease payment deducted from my wage is £230pm whereas the peugot would be £181...
    Very strange this? I do know as from April 2021 the tax is reduced to 0% for electric cars and mine now is 16% not really sure what that means but I'm very confused.....
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    Gedders said:
    I have rang them, they say a new contract will start after this one ends, and it's based on          " benefits in kind " 
    If you are on a band 2/3 in the nhs you can only have an aygo or picanto like I have now and my lease payment deducted from my wage is £230pm whereas the peugot would be £181...
    Very strange this? I do know as from April 2021 the tax is reduced to 0% for electric cars and mine now is 16% not really sure what that means but I'm very confused.....
    I'd point it out to the HR business partner responsible for the benefits package in your organisation. What you are describing is peverse incentive to making the right choice for the environment.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • Floss
    Options
    Gedders said:
    I think the issue may be that the value of the Peugeot e2008 is potentially more than the top of Band 3 salary. Do you mean the Peugeot e208?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family