No power to xbox one

My boys xbox one is not powering on and the orange light on the power supply is flickering so he replaced the power supply but the xbox is still dead so would anyone know a way of testing the xbox or power supply to see which one is dead.

Replies

• edited 28 August 2020 at 11:13PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 August 2020 at 11:13PM
    burtons said:
    My boys xbox one is not powering on and the orange light on the power supply is flickering so he replaced the power supply but the xbox is still dead so would anyone know a way of testing the xbox or power supply to see which one is dead.
    Borrow a friend's power supply plus mains cable.
    Buy a another cable and try that or if you have a device in your house that uses the same cable then use that cable.

A few to get you started.

When was the last time he was on it ?
    Anything odd happen ?

I take it you've tried it plugged into another wall socket ?

Come back and post to the results.
  • burtons said:
    Mains cable would've been my first bet.

• DonnyMcMoneyDonnyMcMoney Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    Forumite
    Sometimes it can be something as simple as the console overheating. If DCFC and Noodles' help still doesn't work (though I should think it would), then try just leaving it in a cool area, clean the fan if you can, then try again.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Forumite
    Sometimes it can be something as simple as the console overheating. If DCFC and Noodles' help still doesn't work (though I should think it would), then try just leaving it in a cool area, clean the fan if you can, then try again.
    Yes it could, it could be where the console is situated.
  • burtonsburtons Forumite
    724 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I took the console apart and I couldn't see anything burn't but it had years of dust build up. I tried a power pack from a working console and the console is still dead.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Forumite
    burtons said:
    I took the console apart and I couldn't see anything burn't but it had years of dust build up. I tried a power pack from a working console and the console is still dead.
    Did you try the cable from the working console plugged into your power brick ?
    Tested the fuse from your mains plug in a working item ?

• DCFC79 said:
    burtons said:
    Did you try the cable from the working console plugged into your power brick ?
    Tested the fuse from your mains plug in a working item ?

No I didn't try the cable from the working console into our power brick. I just tried the power lead and power brick from from the working console.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Forumite
    Any news OP ?
  • DCFC79 said:
    Any news OP ?
    No we haven't touched it since.
  • No I didn't try the cable from the working console into our power brick. I just tried the power lead and power brick from from the working console.
    So you used the original mains lead from the wall socket to the power brick, the one which I said could be the issue?