Refund for a defective treadmill

I bought a treadmill from Bluefin through Amazon 4 months ago and now the deck has cracked. I don't want a replacement, as it's a poor quality machine, I want a full refund that I assume I am entitled to. The question is how can it be returned to the suppliers, who are about 200 miles away? They also want a photo of the deck, but that is not possible without removing the belt that I don't know how to do.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    This is more of a consumer rights question than an insurance one.

However, it can be returned to the supplier by courier.  If you need instructions on removing parts, you'll probably find them online or via the manufacturer.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I bought a treadmill from Bluefin through Amazon 4 months ago and now the deck has cracked. I don't want a replacement, as it's a poor quality machine, I want a full refund that I assume I am entitled to. The question is how can it be returned to the suppliers, who are about 200 miles away? They also want a photo of the deck, but that is not possible without removing the belt that I don't know how to do.
    Within 6 months of purchase, you have to give the retailer the opportunity to repair or replace. If either of these don't work then you can ask for a refund.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback