Claim declined for Jobseekers Allowance

Options
Gillian01
Gillian01 Posts: 8 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 22 August 2020 at 9:29AM in Child support
I have been made redundant and tried to claim contribution based JSA. I have received a letter stating I have not paid or been credited with enough class 1 National Insurance contributions. My national Insurance record shows  that I have 36 years of full contributions. I have had no breaks. I don’t understand why the claim has been declined. I will contact them on Monday but just wondered if anyone knew why?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gillian01 said:
    I have been made redundant and tried to claim contribution based JSA. I have received a letter stating I have not paid or been credited with enough class 1 National Insurance contributions. My national Insurance record shows  that I have 36 years of full contributions. I have had no breaks. I don’t understand why the claim has been declined. I will contact them on Monday but just wondered if anyone knew why?

You've posted in the child maintenance part of the forum. You state you claimed Contributions based JSA what you should have claimed is New style JSA https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-jobseekers-allowance
    36 years of NI contributions may not help, what you need is the previous 2 tax years from April 2017 to April 2019 and that's what they will look at.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback