Training Agreement - TUPE

Hello
Hoping for some guidance.
I work for a private sector company and have a written agreement with them (in place since 2019) that they will fund three years of training towards a professionally recognized qualification. I have just completed my first year and am due to start the next in September 2020 however my employers contract has just come to an end and I will be TUPE'd over to the company we worked with in October (lets call them Y).  Company Y gets very little funding and is therefore unlikely to continue funding my training (they have confirmed this in writing and verbally).  I have asked my current company to fund this training in line with the written agreement but i am not expecting a positive answer either as they loose me in October.  My question is two-fold.  Should my training agreement be part of the TUPE and therefore legally Company Y has to fund this?  It's a standard agreement and the only clause is if i leave voluntarily then i need to repay the costs. If i pursue my current company to fund this training (before the TUPE happens) and they say no, are they not in breach of their own agreement and would i then need to raise a grievance?  My salary is too low to fund the course myself at £2500(ish) per level but i had to fight hard to get the agreement originally and i really don't want to loose out on 2 years worth of training when i have no influence over the TUPE and where i go.   :#
Many thanks
Em

Comments

• Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think your new company would inherit the liability of your training, but I'll have a double check tomorrow.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback