Help Needed... Tandem Bank not updating their system

Options
Hello all,
I was declared bankrupt in December 2018 and that time Tandem Credit Card’s balance was included included creditors’ list. In January 2019 OR sent official letter to all my creditors and I informed them and my most of creditors as well by phone.

but, they continued charge me interest and late pay penalty and sending monthly statements. So, I contacted with Tandem Bank over the phone, email, apps msg and finally April 2019 they stopped further charges and refund the interest on the account but didn’t stop to send me monthly statement.

So, after discharged in December 2019, I sent recorded letters to my all creditors with certificate if discharge and ask them to update my credit files. By February 2020 all my creditors updated my credit files correctly except Tandem. I found both in Experian and Transunion Tandem Credit card showing my default date in August 2019 and still default upto date and outstanding balance remain same. So, after that I sent few recorded letters, apps msg without any reply from them. But, when I used resolver site, they replied to me by email and said whatever they did correctly and nothing to change. To update my bankruptcy information i need to contact with credit agency. I disagree and explain him with reference that Its them their system needs to update correctly and they need to inform CRA. But emails and emails they didn’t agree. Then I contacted with Transunion and experian and disputed with them about my credit file information. Transunion contacted with Tandem and updated my credit file but Experian when contacted with Tandem, they replied I didn’t inform about my bankruptcy until July 2019 and the information they are holding right and they think my debt still valid though i am discharged. Funny thing, the person also said he is not expert in this case but believe experian will do what need to do.
Last month again I contacted with OR who confirmed she sent letters to Tandem yet she again sent copy of the letters by email this time and said to them to correct their system or I may take legal action. But, yet they replied neither OR nor me. In fact experian now saying I need to contact with Tandem as they can’t update my file without their consent. Tandem still sending me monthly statements demanding outstanding balance. Its really frustrating last 18 months. Where should I go now ? Via resolver I escalated the case to FCA. What can I do now ? I don’t understand how irresponsible person employed by Tandem who has zero knowledge about Bankruptcy, even when I sent link from ICO site they ignored.
Its really frustrating, when 50x debt written of by my other creditors but yet just a small amount 1k debt making such a problem in my life. I had to calls, post recorded letters, emails.... so many times... it would be almost hundred times to different person, company, explain everyone but still
no result. Totally frustrating. I don’t know what can I do now ? Is there any way to sort this out ? 

Any experienced person’s help will be appreciable and will save my life....

Thank You !

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,887 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 August 2020 at 7:30PM
    Options
    Hi,
    No need for all of that tooing and froing, the CRA`s can`t do anything, it has to be the creditor, just escalate the matter to the ICO, it may take a while, but should get it put right.
    The FCA won`t entertain individual complaints, did you mean the FOS ?
    The default is only 7 months shy of its correct date, so it won`t be that big a problem for you, your bankrupcy will be showing for 6 years so that will have more negaitive affect than one little default with an incorrect date, its annoying, but not that important.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • amizaki
    amizaki Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yea, with the help of resolver last weekend the case escalated to FOS.

ok.. I will contact with ICO. Do you have any idea how to escalate this to the right team of ICO ?

yes, 7 months not a big difference, but thing they don’t understand and refusing to close the account with zero balance. Instead, they are sending every month statement with outstanding balance. Need to correct this or in future it may became more problem as They already denying many things and refusing to close the account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback