The pink and fluffy journey

First time poster, long time reader here! Im inspired by all your journies! 

I wasnt sure if i needed to do a diary or not, but it seems to be all consuming at the moment so hopefully being able to write it down will help. 

So a bit about me.... i live with my OH, we were due to get married this year but 3 weeks out we had to postpone due to the virus. We were also in the process of buying a house, which had to stop because my OH got made redundant. - all in all a nightmare 48 hours :( 

Were not in major debt, we both had CC which we took out loans to pay off - at the time we were both working wasnt an issue. Now i find myself with 2 loans to pay along with all the other house hold bills. Im lucky that im in a reasonably well paid job but need to reign in my spending (which im hoping this diary will do) 
Im also embaressed to say i dont know how much our house hold expenses are, and am slighlty scared to ask as it will throw me in to a panic. 
I do know that our loans total about £15,000 - one with 3 years left one with 4. Im hoping to over pay these. 
I think it all hit home about an hour ago when i was turned down for even looking at a shared ownership property because i dont earn enough :( 
So really thats me - a pink and fluffy sparkly unicorn loving veggie with a dislike of cooking!! 
I look forward to your advice, suggestions and tips, but please be gently im feeling rather fragile! 

XOXO

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I know it's really tricky to buy a property these days. My OH and I are just starting to save for a deposit, after renting for far too long. I hope your OH manages to find a job again soon. 

Emz xx
  • Hi Emz 
    It is so hard to do, and just when you think youve saved enough, someone moves the goal posts and you have to start again! We were going to get a 5% mortgage, but now they are pretty impossible to find. I guess its just plod along and save as much as poss 

XOXOX
  • In debt busting news, i was supposed to go for a facial treatment last night as my skin is awful and i really struggle with it. Its my luxuary (although it hurts so im not really sure i can call it that) 
    Anyway i had to cancel as someone i work with is being tested for Covid so i wqnt to be super carrful untill she finds out the results. This means that the money i would have spent is now extra, and the next appointmeny is after payday - it can go on a debt.

I had a moment last night when i realised just how much interest i pay monthly on my overdraft :(  so im going to add that to the debts that need to be paid. I need to be more organised so things like this dont surprise me! 
    Wishing everyone a happy thursday!! 

XOXO

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport