Any dropshippers on here??

Just wondering if it’s possible to earn a living still with drop shipping, I’ve looked into it but can’t see how it can be viable with competition from amazon and eBay? Anyone got any experience in this area? 
Aiming to be mortgage free in 3 years June 2023. 
May 2020 - £63,493
Jan 2021 - £56,145
April 2022 - £44,750

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just wondering if it’s possible to earn a living still with drop shipping, I’ve looked into it but can’t see how it can be viable with competition from amazon and eBay? Anyone got any experience in this area? 
    That’s the whole ‘how long is a piece of string’ question. It all depends on what stock you can source, what guarantees you have from your supplier and where you sell. It is very often undertaken without any research by new sellers who sign up with a Far East company who prove to be unreliable leaving the drop shipper with returns , unhappy customers who didn’t realise they had to pay import fees and an eBay ban. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I thought as much.. thanks Soolin x
    Aiming to be mortgage free in 3 years June 2023. 
    May 2020 - £63,493
    Jan 2021 - £56,145
    April 2022 - £44,750
  • From my experience it can be quite difficult dropshipping, you would be competing with sellers who actually hold the stock and ship it out much quicker (same day for delivery in 2-3 days) whereas someone dropshipping, their customer would wait a while to receive the goods especially if it is being dispatched from abroad.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback