need advice

Options
Hi, im a single mum with a 9 year old son. I work part time and dont get anything from his father in maintenance. I have asked him repeatedly for £20 a week, which i think is reasonable.
He refuses, even though he has a well paid job and 3 bedroomed house,with just himself in it.
Basically i want to go to the CSA to get from him what i think my son is entitled to, as i am seriously struggling with money and am getting into debt.
He is, however, a very aggressive and nasty person and i am scared of his reaction if the CSA contact him.
Should i go to the CSA and rick his wrath or just keep sinking?
Really i think im looking for someone to give me the kick up the bum to have the guts to do it
Help me please any advice?
Thanks for listening

Comments

• enemes
    enemes Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well ... you have given yourself the kick up the bum by posting here .. i.e. you know what you need to do.

OK .. he may be nasty aggressive and that you are scare of him, but at the end of the day, this is all about what is best for your son. Surely, for your son's sake you can put up with his (ur ex's) stropps!

This is about your son, and about what HE is entitled to. If you don't act on his behalf, who will? When he has grown up, will he not ask why you didn't do it before you all sank ... Think about the future, and your son will be a huge part in that
    :wave:
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    basically explain all to the csa, your working ur backside off and hes not contributing, you are entitled to support and by going through the csa your doing it through the proper channels.

good luck x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He sounds a right bully. Stand up for yourself and contact the CSA.
  • cardigirl
    Options
    thank you very much for your replies. Im finding it hard to make a decision, i dont know if i could cope with his fathers abuse everyday if i contact the CSA.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport