Name off mortgage

Options
I’m now 12 to 13years of leaving a bad septic relationship behind me.
On my divorce ex was told (in writing by court) to actively seek to release my name from mortgage. 
One failed attempt in 2010 ish.
with her mother. Who has sadly passed away recently. 
I loved the old girl. One of a kind,old school, hard working sort. 

Though my ex wife has remarried and had a child possibly 5 to 6years passed. 

Also has estranged me from my own daughter through bullying tactics on both our parts, (Mine & daughter).
started with changing her name to new partners at juniors School behind my back. 
Then balling my daughter out when she told me that. “Mum keeps making me me have sleepovers. That I don’t want to go to, as the eldest girl keeps bullying me”.
That started a rift between me and my daughter when I challenged the school. As I was a struggling active parent at the time. Especially when I challenged my ex on the sleepovers. 
She verbally attacked my daughter whilst I was on the phone. 
And my little girl at the time told the ex that, I WAS LYING.....
we haven’t been the same since. 

Yep I’m crying again. You block things out. And the feelings of the memory nips you in that soft spot. 
(Sorry to go off point).

I do not know how to engage with my daughter anymore. Truly upsetting. Even still after 11years. (16yrs old now). 
Though to be honest It doesn’t crush me like it did for many many years. 
Make no mistake I have my tears still.  But do not wish to end it all so to speak. 
Im just a bank for them both it feels now. 

It’s an interest only mortgage that seems to make the rules up to suit the needs of payments by the ex. 
Only just managing to pay the £480 ish. 
I’ve explained on more than a lot of occasions to them. I want my name off. And if I can’t be removed I would like to be informed of any changes. 
To which they agreed, but didn’t adhere to. 
On the extended payment offered to the ex. 
The first I agreed to.
if she truly is struggling. Of course allow her to have the extension. 
The 2nd time. I was not even considered. What’s the point!!!

New cars, holidays abroad each year, Benefits.
Major cash earnings. With minimal amounts being put through books.  Two wages coming into the house (hers and husbands).

Mortgage agencie no5. Name of company. 
Though the ex still has her maiden name On contract before we were married on it. 

I just cannot move on (for want of better words) with my relationship as we would like to own a place of our own. 
And not behold to a self righteous woman who will probably put me in thousands of pounds debt again. 
And a jumped up mortgage company that wishes to cripple any one who pushes to earn hard earned money in the event she misses payments again. 

Please understand this has turned out to be a mixture of vent plus a huge cry for help. 
Please someone help me for a change. 
I’m not rich. I worked hard to get out of the debt she created. And am now debt free. 

For whoever to read. 
Regards,
shaun. 

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fecksake said:

On my divorce ex was told (in writing by court) to actively seek to release my name from mortgage. 

Did the court not seek to protect the interests of your daughter at the time? 

Broad advice is to consult a family law solicitor. Court action is not cheap nor easy. Though sometimes a letter threatening action is sufficient to cause a reaction, once the other party seeks their own advice. 

• ElizabethRose
    Options
    There's a lot of emotion in your post which is understandable but what are the facts? I'm assuming you have a daughter with your ex who is still a minor. You are also divorced but there was a court order about the house.

What did the court order say? Was the removal of your name on the mortgage once your daughter was an adult? Mortgages are jointly and severely liable so it's not as easy as asking to remove your name. This seems like an issue your solicitor should have discussed with you during the divorce. 
  • fecksake
    Options
    Thank you both. 

I’m going to have to except. It is what it is!
     I’m not one for writing loads. 
    And I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. 
    I’m not well off. Only just about comfortable. 
    So paying out large sums of money for someone. Who should of done something more than they did or should do.....

Just wish things were more evenly matched. 

Again. Thanks for your correspondence. 
    Shaun. 
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fecksake said:
    Thank you both. 

So paying out large sums of money for someone. Who should of done something more than they did or should do.....

Shaun. 
    Your not wasting anyones time, there's plenty of help here.
  • CSL0183
    CSL0183 Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I’m sorry but that original post and then your follow up reply is just ramble. There’s a lot of emotional and irrelevant information in your post and I’m not quite sure what your question actually is?

Calm down, take the emotional side out of it, keep your post short and precise and you may get an answer. 

You have a joint mortgage on an old matrimonial home? You own the house 50/50 and you’re still on the mortgage for affordability reasons for your ex? Your ex pays the full mortgage on her own with her new partner?

If you are still on the deeds of the house then presumably you still have equity. What kind of mortgage and rate is your ex on? Fixed rate, 2/3/5 years? Why isn’t her new partner taking the mortgage on and buying you out of the home? 
  • cii4ps
    cii4ps Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    - Are you still mentioned on the deed?
    - How much is left of the mortgage term?
  • dimbo61
    dimbo61 Posts: 13,720 Forumite
    Options
    I did not read the whole post and you need to remove the parts that are not relevant to your question.
    Are you paying child support for your daughter ?
    Are you paying towards the mortgage ?
    It's an interest only mortgage so nothing paid off the debt !
    Has the property gone up in value ?
    You might be able to force a sale once your daughter is 18/19 years old.

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Options
    fecksake said:
    Thank you both. 

Shaun. 
    Spending 30 minutes with a solicitor will at least enable you to understand where you stand legally.  Worst scenario is that at some point of time the mortgage will come to an end. When it's reached your ex is going to have to speak to you. As you'll still be joint owner of the property. 
    Nor give up on your daughter. As time passes and she matures into adult. She may well come and find you. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback