Mortgage miss-selling

Hi guys

I've had a company (Trusted Mortgage Claims) look into any mortgage miss-selling and they feel they could progress further, but this is where it appears to get complicated!!
I have to set up a insurance backed claim fund in case the claim fails to cover fees.
This so where I'm getting a bit jumpy.
I've got to arrange a courier to bring documents to set up this funded loan.
They assure me it is a no win no fee claim, but just assumed they'd get on with it!!
Any advice??

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Run.  If you have a true mortgage missselling claim they have no need for any insurance.  I bet they own the insurance company or are getting a good commission for new business.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,332 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've had a company (Trusted Mortgage Claims) look into any mortgage miss-selling and they feel they could progress further, but this is where it appears to get complicated!!

Let us guess. They have told you that they feel you were missold and think you are owed £23,000 (or some other made up large amount)?

have to set up a insurance backed claim fund in case the claim fails to cover fees.

Another cross in the box.

I've got to arrange a courier to bring documents to set up this funded loan.

And another box crossed off.

This is almost bingo with the boxes crossed off.

Have you read any of the existing threads on this subject?  (something must have drawn you to this site). i suggest you do if you haven't already.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 August 2020 at 7:20PM
    scam scam scam scam. If anyone EVER tells you that they can get you a massive amount of money but 'just need you to pay a small amount' of money first, it is ALWAYS a scam.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • I always pop up to post on this, so I wont repeat myself. Just walk away
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback