Barclays mortgage offer extension

Slightly concerned. I’m in the middle of a divorce and agreed to buy my ex out of our home. I was approved for a mortgage and offer accepted, the consent order has been delayed due to court covid delays, and my offer will expire before it’s expected to be back. I’ve heard Barclays have been offering mortgage offer extensions but I’m concerned about them needing more payslips. My wages have actually gone up during lockdown as I’ve been able to do more hours working from home, but I’ve done more day shifts (rather than my usual nights) as kids are off school, so my shift allowance has dropped, and my wages are mostly overtime. I’ve not taken any payment holidays, have no credit cards or loans etc. So although a credit check should be fine, and I bank with them so them checking my wage amount is fine, but I’m worried that if they do ask for payslips they will ask why I have no shift allowance and discount my OT as earnings, I’m being asked to ask for an extension by my solicitor. Does anyone know if they will only do a credit check or will I have to go through a full check including providing wage slips? Thanks

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    have you contacted barclays at your slight change in circumstances? You won't know until you let them know. 

Lenders can and will do credit checks and ask for payslips, best it comes from you any potential discrepancy 
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • oki25
    oki25 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That’s the thing, I’m actually earning £1000 a month more doing these shifts, so it’s not an issue of affordability, it’s just that when I did the original they discounted my OT, and only took shift allowance into account, so if they checked only my bank I would be fine, but the wage slips will go against me, I’ve got to stay off nights until the smalls go back to school!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback