Donations for charity raffle

Options
Hi, my daughter is raising money for Mind in memory of her best friend who tragically ended her life in March of this year aged 19.  She is organising a big raffle and people are being very kind and donating prizes.  What we really need are a couple of biggish prizes to get people to buy tickets, does anyone know of any good companies to contact for this?  Hopefully the press will be involved, so they would get some publicity.  It would be great to hear you ideas, thanks :smile:

Comments

• JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 July 2020 at 8:14AM
    Options
    usually local companies are the best - Professional Sports clubs (rugby, football etc) can also be a good source
    Also maybe try these :smile:
    https://www.mind.org.uk/workplace/corporate-partnerships/current-partners/
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I agree that local companies are a good start. Bear in mind that they are interested in good publicity so when she asks, she needs to explain not only what the cause is that she is raising money for but also how she will be publicising the event & support they are offering. For instance, if she is planning to do posters or flyers, would she include the logo of companies which have donated? If she is setting up a website will she include links to companies which donate? Will she aim to name check them if she is interviewed? 
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback