Fidelity changes to service fees for Junior SIPPs (& ISAs)

Some news from Fidelity that might be of some use to people out there. From September 1st they say they will be removing their service fees from Junior SIPPs and Junior ISAs. Given that their 0.35% service fee was on the higher side of what was available, this might make them more of a destination choice for people looking to invest in this manner for under 18-s.
Cheers

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it is worth noting that virtually all retail pensions can be used for children. 
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • edited 30 July 2020 at 7:16PM
    Notepad_PhilNotepad_Phil Forumite
    689 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 30 July 2020 at 7:16PM
    dunstonh said:
    Although it is worth noting that virtually all retail pensions can be used for children. 

Yes indeed they can, but I thought most other places would charge service/platform fees on top of any fund management fees (or if free then charge higher than normal fund management fees). It was this zero charge that I thought might make it worthwhile for somone.