Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Eat out help out discount stacking.

I’ve noticed this week that some companies are allowing you to use existing discounts with EOHO, but some are saying they won’t allow existing discounts to be used alongside EOHO.

I thought it might be useful to keep a list of who is and who isn’t allowing existing discounts to be used, as it’s a bit of a pain to have to keep checking all the terms and conditions. 

So far I have 

YES
Stonehouse
Ember Inn
Toby Carvery

NO
Beefeater
Chef and Brewer

Replies

• unforeseenunforeseen Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those who aren't including their own discounts should read the rules
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-a-discount-with-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme

• edited 30 July 2020 at 12:57PM
    unforeseenunforeseen Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 July 2020 at 12:57PM
    Beefeater aren't actually using the scheme as such. They have their own take on it which is going to be better value. Chef and Brewer are doing exactly the same thing. 

We’re proud to be taking part in Eat out to Help Out throughout August.  To make this offer even tastier, as a little extra thank you to our customers, we are removing the £10 per person discount limit.  So you can come in, relax and enjoy 50% off food and non-alcoholic drinks as many times as you like, Monday to Wednesday from 3rd – 31st August.

• caz1978_2caz1978_2 Forumite
    146 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Beefeater aren't actually using the scheme as such. They have their own take on it which is going to be better value. Chef and Brewer are doing exactly the same thing. 

We’re proud to be taking part in Eat out to Help Out throughout August.  To make this offer even tastier, as a little extra thank you to our customers, we are removing the £10 per person discount limit.  So you can come in, relax and enjoy 50% off food and non-alcoholic drinks as many times as you like, Monday to Wednesday from 3rd – 31st August.

Hiya, it’s definitely the same scheme and they will be claiming back the £10 per person.  They have removed the limit, but they will still make a lot more extra money than if they’d have honoured existing discounts instead.  

I would just use the vouchers and go on a weekend instead.