edited 26 July 2020 at 9:05PM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
1 reply 41 views
AdamcAdamc Forumite
251 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
edited 26 July 2020 at 9:05PM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
Hi all 

Does anyone have any advice on where to look for info on learning to sail/boating? I've checked the FB group pages of my local lake but nothing is currently going on there due to the pandemic. Is there anywhere else I can be looking in the meantime?

Many thanks

Replies

• tacpot12tacpot12 Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Responsible sailing clubs will be following the advice from the Royal Yacht Association, which is currently making it impossible to host any trial sessions or do any training. You best option is to keep an eye out for announcements on the club websites that they are able to recommence Try Sailing sessions and training. 

It's a great sport to get into - I learned to sail dinghies a couple of years ago and have found it a very accessible sport. You'll just need to hang in there.

You could buy a copy of "RYA Start Sailing" - this will tell you everything you need to learn, and you will be ahead of the curve if you read and absorb the information in it. 

The series that starts with this video on YouTube is a good starting point for further learning: 

The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.