Treadmill - want to donate to charity

Wonder if anyone has any advise on this.
Where would you suggest the best place to try and donate a treadmill ( Reebok ZR7) to charity.
I was wondering if Help for Heroes would want it for ex servicemen , or women so have emailed them - bit of a long shot.
British Heart Foundation and other charity shops arent collecting yet.
Or how about a kids charity , for a youth club, if they still exist.
I can probably sell it on gumtree, or move it on freecycle, but would really prefer it to go to a charity where a lot of people could make good use of it.
Any ideas gratefully received

Replies

• adonisadonis Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Any charities that can do portable appliance tests (pat test) should take it,
    pick a charity close to your heart and ask them.
  • edited 21 July 2020 at 11:45AM
    HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 July 2020 at 11:45AM
    Wonder if anyone has any advise on this.
    Where would you suggest the best place to try and donate a treadmill ( Reebok ZR7) to charity.
    I was wondering if Help for Heroes would want it for ex servicemen , or women so have emailed them - bit of a long shot.
    British Heart Foundation and other charity shops arent collecting yet.
    Or how about a kids charity , for a youth club, if they still exist.
    I can probably sell it on gumtree, or move it on freecycle, but would really prefer it to go to a charity where a lot of people could make good use of it.
    Any ideas gratefully received
    Would assume most charities would want monetary donations, not old sports equipment so:

Advertise on Gumtree. Sell it. Collection. Give proceeds to charity of choice.  o:)
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon