Bank Switching Incentive

Stephen7372
Stephen7372 Posts: 95
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 14 July 2020 at 6:27PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
I would like to switch bank accounts for an incentive. I've set up an account with Lloyds for this purpose. It has two direct debits.

I couldn't find an appropriate discussion catergory.
Stephen

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,717
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Then allow me.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,401
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I would like to switch bank accounts for an incentive. I've set up an account with Lloyds for this purpose. It has two direct debits.
    Now all you need to do is find a time machine that'll take you back to when there were switching incentives available, six months should do it!  Or wait until economic conditions improve sufficiently for them to be on offer again, but I suspect that'll be more than six months....
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,643
    Forumite
    You're a bit late.
    The switching bonanza party crashed and burned several months ago, after being the rave of choice for many for some years.  
    But at least you're ready for the next one, if there ever is one.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    You can still get £50 from TSB via Quidco
    https://www.quidco.com/tsb-current-account/
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    fatbelly said:
    No need to switch for that offer, just open an account through Quidco and follow the terms and conditions for offer.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,643
    Forumite
    fatbelly said:
    tryin said:
    No need to switch for that offer, just open an account through Quidco and follow the terms and conditions for offer.
    Indeed, that's not a switch offer, and it would be a waste of the OP's new switchable account to switch it for this.

Far better for the OP to open a TSB Classic Plus account via quidco to get the £50 and then keep that account, as well as the Lloyds one, until incentivised switches return. then the OP would have two accounts to switch, when the good times return.  And be £50 up in the meantime.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,865
    Forumite
    edited 20 July 2020 at 8:50PM
    The best way to make money with switching now is to complain when they get it all wrong. I've spent hours on the phone tonight trying to sort one of my switches out. I've made a complain about the incorrect information given to me after speaking to 3 advisers already.today. It doesn't help when you ring the number that Lloyds gives you to contact them on and the message you get is to choose between Halifax and Bank of Scotland. Oh, I know Lloyds is in the same group, but why is that option not given, and I've been told the department I want is: 
    1,asked on chat line, told open till 11, rang, after 30 mins with adviser, put in another queue, dept closed.
    2, rang again, told open till 8, after 2 mins with adviser, put in another queue, dept closed  
    3,rang to complain, ok, the third didn't give me a time, just put me a queue which said to call before 5.
    4, rang to complain, told correct closing time for dept is 5, and to ring tomorrow, but I wanted him to log a complaint - this took over an hour - with all the wait times I told him I'd spent about 3 hours on the phone today alone, I was with him for an hour of that time..

He asked what would resolve my complaint - I said compensation for today's 3 hours, better training, plus amending the message when you call the number to advise that they deal with Lloyds too would help! Plus sorting my Switch! I

So I got an offer of £36 for my 3 hours on the phone - £12 an hour. But I've still got to try to sort my switch out tomorrow!
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351
    Forumite
    Cool. I know a guy who was put on hold by Lloyds for a full hour when calling from abroad. They paid him £1 a minute, because they assume calling from abroad costs. (He was on a contract, didn't pay a penny for it!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback